The Athletics Department at Keiser University seeks applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time (with benefits), 12-month, exempt position, and reports to the Head Athletic Trainer.
•Provide onsite coverage as an athletic trainer for all athletic events at home and away as assigned.
•Conduct assessments of injuries and provide emergency and/or continued care, provide on-site rehabilitation and determine when referral to physician is warranted for all athletic related injuries.
•Evaluate athletes’ readiness to play and provide participation clearances when necessary after injury as well as for pre-participation physicals.
•Assist in the managing and maintaining of the athletic training facility, equipment, supplies and related budget.
•Assist in the development of relationships with local health care professionals and refer student-athletes, as necessary. Report the progress of recovering athletes to coaches and physicians regularly.
•Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the insurance processing, billing and claim identification processes.
•Work with 3rd party insurance provider to ensure that all student-athletes are covered by an independent primary health insurance policy and that student-athletes complete a physical examination prior to the start of athletic participation and/or competition.
•Assist in the coordination and supervision of the Athletic Department’s Random Drug Testing.
•All other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer and Athletic Director.
• Submit all required assignments on or before designated due dates.
• Conform to all Athletic Department policies and procedures as required.
• Represent Keiser University and the Athletic Department as a team player, as a professional and role model for all student-athletes. Serve the student-athlete with a positive attitude.
• Encouraged to attend local, state, district and national conventions to renew certification and to be informed of current trends and innovations in the area of athletic training and sports medicine.
• Attend regularly scheduled Athletic Department Staff meetings.
• Possess valid and current CPR Certification.
• Possess a valid State of Florida Driver’s License and be responsible for driving Keiser University vehicles and/or rental vehicles when assigned for away contests.
•Bachelor’s Degree (or Master’s Degree) in Athletic Training from a CAATE accredited program
•BOC Certification in Athletic Training
•Florida State Athletic Training License
•Member of the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA)
•Strong communication and organizational skills, ability to work independently
This is a full time position that requires day, evening and weekend availability.
Keiser University, is the Flagship/Residential Campus of the 17 Florida locations. KU is a Level VI, regionally accredited university by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Students are pursuing degrees in over 100 doctoral, specialist, master’s, bachelor’s, and associate fields. KU Athletics are a member of the NAIA and Sun Conference.