Salary based on qualifications. Includes competitive medical, dental and retirement benefits.
4 Year Degree
Telecommuting is allowed.
The Empire 8 Conference invites talented candidates to apply for the full-time position of Assistant Commissioner. Empire 8 seeks a competitive, hard working, dynamic professional with a commitment to intercollegiate athletics and the values of higher education. Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Empire 8 Associate Commissioner, Joe Venniro at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2023.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Operate as the conference’s Assistant Director of Championships serving as the primary championships manager and on-site contact at various championship events;
* Assist with the planning and conduct of all conference tournaments;
* Identify ways to enhance the student-athlete championship experience;
* Promote conference championships on member institution campuses, with local media, and other constituent groups of the conference (i.e. local communities, alumni, etc.);
* Review current conference championship manual and propose policy changes as necessary.
PUBLIC RELATIONS, BRANDING, & MARKETING
* Serve as the conference’s sports information contact for select sports;
* Assist with monitoring compliance of conference branding policies and initiatives;
* Assist the Associate Commissioner in daily maintenance of www.empire8.com, writing various releases, visual enhancements, updating posting photo galleries, league schedule updates and other duties as assigned;
* Handle graphic design for various Empire 8 initiatives;
* Video production for Empire 8 website and social media platforms;
* Work with the Associate Commissioner to enhance and execute the league’s branding initiatives;
* Enhance E8's social media presence and create innovative engagement initiatives;
* Monitor and document Empire 8 social media platform stats;
* Work with the Associate Commissioner to develop an annual public relations plan including specific initiatives, activities, and success markers for each academic year;
* Serve as Director of SAAC leading two annual conference SAAC meetings, assisting with coordination of conference SAAC projects, and assisting the conference National SAAC Representative in educating and polling SAAC members on upcoming NCAA legislative proposals and initiatives;
* Serve as Co-Director of the annual Empire 8 Student-Athlete Summit.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION, SPECIAL PROJECTS
* Assist in planning of all conference meetings including disseminating information about the meetings, soliciting agenda items, arranging for meeting facilities, assist with recording minutes;
* Assist the Associate Commissioner in overseeing the Empire 8’s comprehensive conduct foul program;
* Assist the Associate Commissioner with a celebration/marketing campaign for the Empire 8’s 25th anniversary of NCAA membership (2023-24);
* Develop and execute special projects related to student-athlete enhancement (i.e. Empire 8 SAAC projects, student-athlete leadership symposiums/conference, future coaches seminar) and other projects as assigned.
* Serve as Director of Select Sport Committees (SC). Responsibilities include oversight of select SC Committees; facilitating SC videoconferences; communicating with SC chairs and administrative liaison regarding agenda; ensuring chairperson creates minutes in timely fashion and distribute SC minutes and proposals to conference leadership.
Bachelor's degree required;
Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Located in the general footprint of the conference membership;
Ability to successfully work remotely;
Working knowledge of basic office support software (word processing, email, presentation software and spreadsheets);
Working knowledge of graphic design and/or video editing software highly preferred.
The Empire 8 is intentional about the role college athletics plays in the educational mission of its member institutions. The conference enhances each member institution by providing opportunities for student-athlete life skill development through leadership development and intercollegiate competition. Its members value the Division III philosophy, sportsmanship, enhanced visibility and recognition through regular season, championship and post- season opportunities while displaying the highest values and integrity with a focus on enhancing the student-athlete experience.
The Empire 8 assists with the development of the member institution’s athletic programs through progressive educational initiatives,
information sharing, competitive scheduling, the enforcement of the code of conduct, and open, honest communication on conference issues. The conference fosters a collegial atmosphere where members support one another and collaborate for the greater good. Empire 8
prides itself on developing the whole student-athlete with intention, a dynamic conference where “Tomorrow’s Leaders Compete Here Today.”
Empire 8 sponsors 23 sports and is comprised of Alfred University, Elmira Coll...ege, Hartwick College, Houghton University, Keuka College, Medaille University, Nazareth College, St. John Fisher University, Russell Sage College, and Utica University, all located in NY.