The primary function of this position is to coordinate business operations in the Intercollegiate Athletics department. This position will be responsible for managing a portfolio of Drexel’s 18 varsity sports to organize team travel, meals, vendor payments, and budget management in an effort to support and enhance the student-athlete experience.
- Manage all aspects of team travel for a portfolio of Drexel's 18 Division 1 varsity teams, including transportation, lodging, meals, logistics, and payment of travel-related expenditures.
- Coordinate with respective coaches to schedule the distribution and reconciliation of appropriate meal money.
- Negotiate with travel vendors/partners where opportunities exist to save the Athletic department on travel expenses.
- Reconcile travel expenses after each trip.
- Assist with developing budgets for team travel.
- Coordinate with coaches, staff, and university caterer and/or outside vendors to provide preseason, pregame, and break meals for athletic teams.
- Assist with business functions including purchasing and deposits, department expense tracking, specific revenue reconciliation, budget reporting, staff meetings, etc.
- Coordinate the payment of game officials, including communication with CAA supervisor of officials regarding payment and logistics.
- Strategize with Athletic department staff to identify and implement opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
- Communicate with other university departments to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Serve on university and department committees when needed.
- Special projects as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director or Deputy Director of Athletics.
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.