IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY Head Women’s Volleyball Coach Iowa Wesleyan University seeks a dynamic leader to continue its volleyball program’s upward trends in competitive success, recruitment, retention, and student-athlete experience. The candidate is responsible for administering and organizing all aspects of an NAIA volleyball program. IW offers 18 intercollegiate athletic programs and is a member of the NAIA, Association of Independent Institutions (A.I.I.), the Heart of America (Wrestling only) and the North Star Athletic Association (Football Only) MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: * Provide leadership in the planning and operation of the Volleyball program.
* Administer program within the policies of Iowa Wesleyan University, the NAIA, and the A.I.I.
* Provide an environment conducive to a high level of academic performance by team members.
* Organize and facilitate all daily practice sessions, contest preparation, competition and off-season training.
* Develop and maintain a successful recruiting system to accomplish competitive success and roster goals.
* Maintain a high level of visibility within IW’s service region.
* Hire, supervise, and evaluate assistant coaches.
* Schedule contests in accordance with the policies set forth by Iowa Wesleyan University.
* Coordinate travel and meal considerations for away contests.
* Organize and run summer camps to help young players improve their athletic skills and create positive exposure for IW’s athletic program.
* Enforce discipline and sportsmanship behavior.
* Evaluate and review the program and recommend changes and improvements to the Director of Athletics.
* Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics. This is a full-time, 12-month position. This position may be combined with other responsibilities within the University based upon qualifications and may include a role of assistant athletic director, leadership with the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, or other opportunities. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, coaching philosophy, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers/
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.
Bachelor’s Degree required
3 to 5 years of high-level volleyball coaching
Valid US Driver’s License with the ability to be authorized to drive IW fleet vehicles for team transportation to and from away contests required.
Must be available for night and weekend responsibilities.
About Iowa Wesleyan University
Iowa Wesleyan University is a fully accredited, coeducational liberal arts university. Founded in 1842, it has a rich history of innovation in education, pioneering in the sciences, educational opportunities for women and service-learning, to name just a few. The college is affiliated with the United Methodist Church with which it shares a commitment to spiritual values, social justice and human welfare.