North Park University, a member of the nationally recognized College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin, would like to announce that applications are now being accepted for the position of Strength and Conditioning - Graduate Assistant. The assistantship will start in August 2021 and includes tuition remission, a partial meal plan, and a $3,000 stipend per semester.
· Implement and monitor safe and effective strength and conditioning programs to improve physical performance for intercollegiate teams.
· Test student-athletes to evaluate performance level and desired areas of improvement.
· Design training strategies for injury prevention and improve sport specific performance.
· Maintain accurate strength and conditioning records.
· Instruct, educate, and supervises all student-athletes regarding proper weight training and flexibility techniques.
· Maintain consistent communication with coaches and Wellness and Recreation Director.
· Serve as building supervisor and oversee the operation of the 68,000 square foot Helwig Recreation facility and student staff.
· Develop and coordinate weight room and fitness center orientations including instruction on strength and cardio equipment.
· Complete other duties as assigned by the Wellness and Recreation Director, Associate Athletic Directors, and the Assistant Vice President for Athletics and Sport Management.
· Bachelor's degree is required.
· Applicant must obtain acceptance in North Park University graduate program and have a personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
· Applicants must be able to work an untraditional work schedule (i.e., frequent early mornings, nights, and occasional weekends).
· One year of experience is preferred in positions involving the development and management of sport-specific individual and group strength training programs.
· Certification in first aid/CPR/AED is required by start date.
· Must have one of the National Strength and Conditioning Certifications: Certified Strength and Conditioning Certification (CSCS) or Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) or Certified Strength Coach (CSC) upon start of position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please send a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to: North Park University, Ericka Adams Wellness and Recreation Director, 3225 W. Foster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625, E-mail email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
About North Park University
Located on the North side of Chicago, North Park University is a comprehensive and Christian liberal arts university that serves nearly 3,200 undergraduate and graduate students from around the country and the world. Within a diverse, close-knit, urban community, North Park offers more than 40 undergraduate majors, 8 bachelor’s degree-completion majors, 19 master’s degrees, and more than 30 graduate-level certificate programs for continuing professional education. By integrating faith with learning—as it has done since its founding in 1891—North Park University continues to focus on the important task of preparing students for lives of significance and service.
North Park has consistently ranked in the top tier of Midwest regional universities, according to U.S. News & World Report, and has been ranked among the top 50 Christian colleges and Universities by collegechoice.net. We consistently produce Fulbright award-winning students and faculty. Institutional accreditation at North Park University is provided by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Our campus is a blend of urban life, open spaces, and modern academic resources. Situated in the North Park and Albany Park neigh...borhoods of the city, the University makes its home in one of the most ethnically diverse communities of the country. Through engaging our neighborhood and city, we enrich our campus life and build important connections to the diverse people of Chicago whose roots extend around the globe.
As an employer, North Park offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including tuition benefits for employees and their spouses/dependents. The University welcomes faculty and staff professing the Christian faith, from a wide range of traditions, and is committed to building a diverse, collegial, and supportive academic atmosphere.
More facts about North Park University in Chicago:
6 schools offering professional graduate programs: 19 master's degrees and 35 graduate-level certificate programs
116 full-time faculty; 85% with terminal degrees
More than 750 total faculty and staff members (Full and part-time)
11:1 student-to-faculty ratio