The graduate assistant for Sports Information will assist the Sports Information Director and Assistant Sports Information Director in the day-to-day operation of a collegiate sports information office. He/she will be involved in all aspects including but not limited to game statistics, game management, game programs, social media management, live video broadcasts, photography, web site updating, game recaps, and all other day-to-day duties not listed. This appointment is renewable for up to two years. The appointment includes full tuition remission (up to 18 credits per academic year), a stipend, housing (if available), and an on-campus meal plan while undergraduate classes are in session. This appointment starts August 1st.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of programs such as Stat Crew, Genius/NCAA Live Stats, Adobe Photoshop/Indesign preferred
- Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record required
- Acceptance into and continued enrollment in a DeSales University graduate program required
- Strong personal skills working closely with coaches, student-athletes, administrators, parents, alumni, etc.
- Have a diverse knowledge of all sports
- Ability to work in extensive weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Sensitive to issues of ethnicity, disability and diversity
- Dedicated to the mission of a small, Catholic, liberal arts institution
DeSales University is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
About DeSales University
DeSales University....NCAA DIII....member of the Middle Atlantic Conference, Freedom Conference and ECAC...located in Center Valley PA...50 miles north of Philadelphia and 90 miles southwest of New York City...private, Catholic selective liberal arts institution with 1,600 undergraduates and thriving graduate programs...history of very successful athletic programs