Assist the Head Football Coach with all phases of a competitive intercollegiate football program. Responsible for developing and coordinating the football recruiting program annually. Understand the role of Division III Athletics in the educational process and recruit quality student-athletes who reflect and represent the quality of Elmhurst University.
1. Assists the Head Football Coach with all phases of a competitive Division III program.
2. Work independently in assigned area/position.
3. Work with the Assistant Director of Athletics to ensure all student-athletes meet applicable eligibility requirements and prepare all necessary documents for participation in a timely manner.
4. Assist in tracking academic progress of football student-athletes.
5. Assist in the development and execution of practice and game plans.
6. Satisfactorily pass the NCAA Division III Coaches Certification test.
7. Assist in recruiting and assigned an area from which to produce commitments to the institution.
8. Assist in program and department fundraising and community engagement and service initiatives.
9. Assist in conducting and directing instructional camps/clinics for youth and protentional recruits.
10. Work with Sports Information Director on providing program information and statistics to media and fans via various platforms including press release, press conferences, social media, etc.
11. Assist in the development of and actively participate in a plan to enhance public relations for the football program.
12. Maintains positive public relations with the community through assorted, visible, acts of volunteerism.
13. Attend and participate in all athletic staff meetings as determined by the Director of Athletics.
14. Endorses and supports other areas within the Division of Student Affairs staff including attendance of meetings and service on committees.
15. Endorses and supports other sports within the Athletic Department and other duties as outlined by the Director of Athletics.
16. Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
17. Support the philosophy and mission of the department and institution.
18. Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach and/or the Director of Athletics.
1. Bachelors Degree
2. Prior successful high school or college coaching/recruiting experience; preferably at the Division III level; with a familiarity of the CCIW and greater Chicagoland area.
3. Strong background in all aspects of football.
4. Strong leadership skills.
5. Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
6. Sense of organization and self-motivation.
7. Strong recruiting abilities, with a commitment to academic excellence.
8. High level of integrity.
9. Strong public relations and promotional skills.
10. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
** Please include a statement on your commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion**
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions (temperatures varying from below 32 degrees to over 90 degrees) for periods of over one hour, subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, etc., and involves heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly in order to move objects. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and lift 50 pounds. Must be able to be fitted with and wear a respirator. Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends, as required.
Internal Number: S00273P
About Elmhurst University
Elmhurst offers 66 undergraduate majors, 16 graduate programs, evening and online programs for adults, and the Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with differing abilities. Elmhurst University is among the top-ranked colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the College’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.