This position reports to the Assistant Athletic Director for Sport Performance.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide strength & conditioning performance coaching expertise to include training and motivation of student-athletes to maximum the athletic potential for select varsity sport programs. The position works with the head athletic trainer to help formulate and execute rehabilitation plans for student-athletes. The position exists to better the overall strength and conditioning of student-athletes, the prevention of injuries, and increase athletic performance.
1. Train and motivate the athletes of assigned teams to maximize their potential for athletic performance and injury prevention. Maintain the strength facility for safety, hygiene and efficiency.
2. Organize and design strength, power, speed, agility and flexibility programs specific to each assigned sport program. Work with the head athletic trainer to help formulate and execute rehabilitation plans.
3. Establish and organize internship/practicum program. Supervision of graduate assistants.
4. Purchase equipment for strength programs.
5. Schedule quarterly workout times of each team.
Bachelor’s degree required. Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) and/or Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certification required. At least 1 year of experience in the strength & conditioning field required. Working knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and procedures is necessary. Candidate must display the highest of ethical standards and commitment to the overall success of Ohio Athletics.
Master’s degree preferred. USAW certification is preferred. Division 1 experience preferred. Background training in football, women’s basketball, soccer and softball preferred.
Additional Salary Information: Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package which includes health benefits, paid time off, and education benefits for employees and eligible dependents.
Internal Number: 20163281S
About Ohio University
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org