Executive, Executive - Athletics Director, Executive - Business Manager
University of Idaho
Associate Athletic Director for Business
Division/College: Intercollegiate Athletics
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $85,000 or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: The Associate Athletic Director for Business serves as the financial, accounting, and budget manager responsible for the direction, planning, projections, and oversight of financial functions and personnel for the University of Idaho Department of Athletics and reports directly to the Athletic Director. This position serves in a key leadership role within Athletics advising on strategic initiatives and providing overall financial support while ensuring compliance with university, state and federal policies, NCAA and conference policies and bylaws. Reporting directly to the Athletic Director, this position provides management, support, direction, supervision and training for administrative/financial staff support for Athletics. It is also the overall guiding authority for all funding sources including auxiliary enterprise, local service, student fees, gift and other funds generated by and/or allocated to Athletics. The Associate Athletic Director for Business Operations serves as senior administrative leadership, management, oversight, and coordination for all aspects of business operations and directs supervisors of personnel processes within the University of Idaho Department of Athletics.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field.
Preferred Qualifications: • Graduate degree in business, accounting, or related field.
• Five (5) years of management-level and/or supervisory experience in the areas of budget, fiscal or administrative services support, including experience with electronic systems, human resources and/or business administration.
• Excellent public relations and organizational skills, detail-oriented, self-starter.
• Experience with Banner, Student/HR modules, and Chrome River.
• Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
• Experience with interpreting and applying regulations and policies.
• Experience with the activities and organization of an athletic department.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002679P
Posting Date: 01/05/2021
Closing Date: 2/5/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.