A critical role in Senior Management of the club, be a creator, owner, supporter and manager of all CRYSC education provisions. Relative to the CRYSC Player Development Plan for the Elite, Competitive, Select and Recreational Programs, this role will oversee the development and implementation of regional, club wide and external facing coach education opportunities and the progress made towards being recognized as leading club nationally in coach education.
SELECTED JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, Execute and Evaluate a club wide strategy for soccer education relative to every level of soccer coached at the club.
- Be creative, innovative and connected in how a CRYSC Coach Education Strategy is related to our Technical Plan and wider club vision as a whole.
Club Wide Education
- Lead Regional Directors of Player and Coach Development in the development of resources, tools and methodology that will allow for the successful implementation of regional education that is consistent club wide.
- Lead the creation and planning of an annual calendar of club wide education opportunities that suits the needs of coaches at Recreation, Select, and Competitive level
- Work with Regional Directors of Player and Coach Development on the implementation of parent education workshops that clearly explain the philosophy and pathway of the club and other educational topics as necessary such as ‘Let Them Play’
Collaboration & Management
- Adhere to the club’s 24 hour communication policy in all forms of communication; email and voicemail
- Work with communication staff to promote the values of coach education to the public and represent the high quality coach education initiatives we provide
- Contribute to the discussion on coach placement at teams across the club.
SKILLS FOR SUCCESS:
Have extensive experience in Coach Education both as a deliverer and developer of content - Understands the need - Understands the process and is innovative in its application
Minimum 7 years soccer coaching experience at multiple ages and stages of coaching - Childrens: pre 12u - Youth: post 13u - Recreation, Competitive, Elite team environment
Exceptional soccer knowledge - Structure of practice - Systems of play - ‘Moments in the Game’ - Curriculum Delivery
Experience in management of programming at a high level - Managing people - Project management - Managing budgets/finances - Curriculums - Strategic planning
USSF A-Licencing (or equivalents)
Has an enthusiasm and passion for education and soccer
Is an exceptional communicator with outstanding interpersonal relationship building, employee coaching and development skills
Ability to recruit and motivate remarkable staff and coaches and to help them succeed
Exceptional multitasking skills with the ability to tend to multiple problems at a time
Highly effective problem-solving skills, especially in situations of high stress
Strong knowledge of Club policies, goals and standards
Ability to generate a variety of reports and presentations displaying club wide performance
Strong customer service skills in the areas of handling disputes and treating member families with care
Independent worker not requiring constant supervision
Preferable Degree in Sports Related Topic (or similar relevant education / Professional Playing experience)
Certification in ‘soft skills’ modules (Desirable)
Leadership / Management
Certification in Topic specific certification (Desirable: Such as….)
- Knowing the Athlete Development Process
- Sport Psychology
- Talent I.D
- Creating the right environment
- Soccer Science
- Multi-club experience (i.e. Multiple environments/ways of working)
Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club (CRYSC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides one of the nation’s most comprehensive, in-depth approaches to youth soccer- providing opportunities for players three-years-old to professional, from beginner to advanced. In partnership with the professional MLS team, CRYSC has access to resources and support above and beyond other soccer clubs. Serving over 4,000 children every season, CRYSC staffs the nation’s best coaches to provide all children, at all levels, opportunities to enjoy and grow in the game of soccer. In addition to leagues, CRYSC provides beginner to advanced level tournaments, camps and clinics in the summer and winter as well as college preparation assistance.
In addition to the youth programs provided by CRYSC, over 2,000 children are served annually in the nation’s largest youth soccer outreach program. Through our Soccer for Success and Zarlengo programs, CRYSC provides opportunities for underserved youth to have access to the world’s game. These programs focus on aspects above and beyond youth soccer, targeting physical activity, nutrition education, mentorship, and family engagement in communities that need addi...tional support.
CRYSC also offers opportunities with access to some of the nation’s best youth teams through the Elite Club National League. These teams connect national team coaches directly with academy clubs to develop and identify players and coaches for future Youth National Teams