Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine - Athletic Training
4 Year Degree
The Assistant Athletic Trainer works under the supervision of the head athletic trainer and team physician and supervises the care of student athletes in the College’s athletic program. The assistant athletic trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the College’s comprehensive sports medicine program.
- Responsible to Men's Basketball
- Prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses
- Evaluation of athletic injuries
- Treatment of athletic injuries to include rehabilitation
- Provide counseling and education to student-athletes to include NCAA banned substances
Athletic training administrative duties to include but not limited to: - Insurance claims filing
- Processing reimbursement to providers
- Assist with coordination and scheduling of athletic training room coverage
- Assist with coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home and away competitions
- Record keeping
- Work with doctors and other allied health care professionals to deliver care to student-athletes
- Maintain individual professional certification by taking advantage of professional development and continuing education opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization with experience in collegiate athletics. Master’s degree preferred.
Certified by the Nation Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
State Athletic Training Licensure
Familiarity with NCAA governing rules
Strong verbal and written communication skills. Have Competence in leadership, decision making and interpersonal skills. Strong initiative, detail and follow up skills with students athletes and staff members. Have computer proficiency.
Work is performed in a coaching, athletic, competitive out door environment. Must be in excellent physical health to handle fast pace environment. Able to work in hot, humid weather and stand for long, extended periods of time.
About Iona College
Iona College was established in 1940 as a Catholic college in the tradition of the Christian Brothers and American Catholic higher education. Iona is located on nearly 45 acres in New Rochelle (Westchester County), New York. Two miles from Long Island Sound and 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan.