Northland College, an NCAA Division III institution located in Ashland, Wisconsin is seeking a hard-working, motivated, and driven individual for its Assistant Women’s Hockey Coach position. The successful candidate will be able to help guide student-athletes to perform at a high level on the ice, in the classroom, and in society at large.
- Practice and game preparation & execution.
- Breakdown and editing film of team practices, games and future opponents’ games.
- Creation of opponent scouting reports, and game plan for success.
- Identification and recruitment of high-quality student-athletes, including travel to see recruits play/practice, communicate with recruits, parents, high school & AAA coaches, etc.
- Maintain recruiting database.
- Assist with creating recruiting material, including hard copies and digital material.
- Maintain team social media accounts.
- Communications with alumni and program sponsors/donors.
- Monitor and track academic progress of student-athletes.
- Help create and monitor strength & conditioning program of student-athletes.
- Create and maintain effective working relationship with multiple departments across campus, including admissions, faculty, advancement, athletics, maintenance, etc.
- Explore, plan and engage in community service and fundraising projects for both the program and the athletic department as a whole.
- Assist with planning, scheduling and coordinating team travel including transportation, lodging and meals.
- Other duties within both the Women’s Hockey program and the athletic department as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Director of Athletics.
Required education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience coaching at the high school, college and/or professional level.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to teach the game of hockey at a high level, both offensively and defensively, within the systems as set up by the Head Coach, while also providing valuable insight and input on ways to improve teaching and strategy.
Dedication to the physical, social, emotional, and academic development of student-athletes, as well as the overall well-being of the individual student-athlete, the women’s hockey program, the athletic department and the institution as a whole.
Working knowledge of NCAA rules and demonstrated dedication to the ethical following of those rules.
Previous collegiate coaching experience.
Previous success in recruitment and retention of high-quality student-athletes.
Past experience with creating both digital recruiting and social media content, and hard copy recruiting materials.
Experience with team and opponent video breakdown.
Certified Strength & Conditioning certificate or willingness to acquire certification.
Knowledge of NCAA Division III and Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) rules and regulations.
Current CPR and First Aid certificate or willingness to acquire certification.
About Northland College
Northland College is an NCAA Division III institution located in Ashland, Wisconsin along the shores of Lake Superior. Northland College competes in the Upper Midwest Athletic Conference and the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Northland College sponsors 14 varsity athletic programs.