The Assistant Athletics Director manages all fiscal activities associated with the Athletics Department and for all aspects of the Athletics Business Office.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the administrative functions, including finance, human resources, contracts, property control, and purchasing.
• Provides guidance and direction to staff. Delegates work, establishes work schedules, and communicates performance standards.
• Develops and manages budgets to ensure program alignment with fiscal allocation. Prepares financial analyses such as income and expense forecasting, as well as a variety of routine and ad-hoc financial reports.
• Plans and implements special projects as assigned. Represents the department or college on committees and work groups as requested.
• Serves as a liaison between administration and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and procedures, and resolving escalated issues and concerns related to the scope of duties.
• Ensures that all administrative operations and activities comply with university policies and guidelines.
• Participates in the strategic planning for assigned areas and assists with developing and implementing the departmental strategic plan.
• Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate success within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Develops and implements business and fiscal processes to ensure compliance and good stewardship of university resources.
• Complies with all University, ASUN or CCSA regulations, as well as all NCAA rules and regulations. Remains current with all changes in NCAA, as well as changes to University, ASUN and CCSA rules and regulations regarding intercollegiate athletics. This includes the requirement for self-reporting any possible rule violations and participation in the annual NCAA continuing education programs including passing the NCAA certification test, if applicable. Any violation of NCAA rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities -
Knowledge of NCAA, ASUN Conference (ASUN), and Coastal Collegiate Sports Association (CCSA) rules and regulations as they pertain to the job duties.
Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, finance and management principles, practices and procedures.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects.
Ability to collaborate and develop strategic relations with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and business partners.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to use effective decision making and problem solving techniques.
Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures consistently.
Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgement in the establishment, interpretation, application, and enforcement of all rules, regulations, and policies.
Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance, and motivation.
apply at https://jobs.fgcu.edu/postings/8899
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
Five years of full-time professional experience in a higher education athletics department related to the position.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
Experience with NCAA financial reporting requirements and NCAA bylaws.
Experience with WorkDay.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications will be considered.
Internal Number: PS845P
About Florida Gulf Coast University
In a little over 20 years, FGCU has made an indelible impact on Southwest Florida. We are a catalyst for the area’s economy and a cultural hub for the community. Our students enjoy one of the highest graduate employment rates among the state’s universities. Our campus and region serve as a living laboratory from which life-improving discoveries emanate. And our sports teams energize the entire region. Inspiring those who inspire others — that’s The FGCU Effect.FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer