The Assistant Athletic Director for Creative Services manages the University of New Mexico Athletics brand, ensures consistency of the brand across all platforms, and serves as the leader of the creative services, video production, video editing and graphic design (creative services) team. This position oversees video production elements on gameday including the videoboard (Lobovision) and live streams. In addition, this position is responsible for providing oversight of the department's visual identity and reinforces consistent application across all platforms. Reports directly to the Associate Athletic Director for Marketing and Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees UNM Athletics creative design team, including the Assistant Director of Creative Design, several student-employees and interns and several part time workers.
2. Works with the UNM Athletics Marketing Team for oversight of all videoboard (Lobovision) elements at UNM football, men's basketball and women's basketball games. Oversees the videoboard operations on gamedays.
3. Ensures proper execution of UNM Athletics video streams through the Mountain West Network.
4. Oversees UNM Athletics brand to ensure consistency among all internal and external platforms.
5. Creates and edits video and graphical content for UNM Athletics social media, external campaigns, gamedays and other events.
6. Serves at UNM Athletics' creative services liaison for external stakeholders including UNM Sports Properties, Paciolan ticketing, From Now On app provider, WMT web provider, the Mountain West Conference and on-campus University of New Mexico Marketing.
7. Act as a leader for junior staff members and provide clear and consistent feedback to Assistant Director of Creative services, graduate assistants, and student/part time workers and interns.
8. Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
9. Produces underwriter, public service, and station promotional messages for broadcast.
10. Engineers studio broadcasts and recordings, including live call-ins and interviews.
11. Participates in the development of annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the unit.
12. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Graphics Design or a Creative Field
Five years working within Creative Services in Sports (Full-Time)
Three years' experience editing video
Three years' experience with Video Production & Running Live Events
Graphic Design Experience
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Premier Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
Experience Leading a Team of Full Time and Part Time Employees