The Assistant Swim Coach will report to the Head Swim Coach and be responsible for assisting in the recruitment, maintaining roster size, practice planning, meet scheduling, and budget management of the Keiser University’s Swimming Program.
Responsibilities: The Assistant Swim Coach will:
• Assist in the planning, organization and the on-going development of the athletic programming and activities of the program.
• Assist in the building of a cohesive and competitive program.
• Recruit academically and athletically qualified, full-time student-athletes to participate in the program.
• Promote the academic progress and graduation of student-athletes, including assisting with enforcement of a study program.
• Assist athletic department in athletic issues as needed.
• Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
Expectations: We expect the Assistant Swim Coach to:
• Submit all required assignments on or before designated due dates.
• Report any known violations or concerns to administration
• Conform to all Athletic Department policies and procedures as required.
• Represent Keiser University and the Athletic Department as a team player, as a professional, and as a role model for all student-athletes.
• Attend regularly scheduled Athletic Department Staff meetings.
• Possess a valid CPR Certification
• Communicate with all coaches/trainers regarding their meet needs.
• Possess a valid State of Florida Driver’s License and be responsible for driving Keiser University vehicles and/or rental vehicles when assigned for away contests.
Qualifications: We expect the Assistant Swim Coach to:
• Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Have 1-3 years of advanced Swim coaching experience. College coaching experience preferred.
• Have strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
• Have strong communication and organizational skills and can demonstrate ability to work independently.
This is a full time position that requires day, evening and weekend availability
Internal Number: 1236182
About Keiser Univerisity
Keiser University, is the Flagship/Residential Campus of the 17 Florida locations. KU is a Level VI, regionally accredited university by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Students are pursuing degrees in over 100 doctoral, specialist, master’s, bachelor’s, and associate fields. KU Athletics are a member of the NAIA and Sun Conference.