Mount Saint Mary College (MSMC) in Newburgh, New York seeks a part-time Assistant Coach for Women's Tennis and a part-time Assistant Coach for Men's Tennis. Serving as the Assistant Coach, the individual who holds this position will report to the Head Women’s Tennis Coach or the Head Men's Tennis Coach and/or the Director of Athletics.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The assistant coach for tennis is responsible for duties pertaining to the management, training, and organization of the college’s women’s or men's tennis program.
2. Have a fundamental understanding of the college student-athlete experience.
3. Assist in running and planning daily practices.
4. Assist in recruiting and retaining qualified student-athletes, compliance and knowledge of NCAA, Skyline Conference and the college’s rules and regulations.
5. Other duties as assigned by the head tennis coaches and/or the Director of Athletics.
Applications will be reviewed until this position is filled.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree, competitive tennis experience is required, ideally at the college level.
He or she will have excellent organizational and communication skills, verbal and written, demonstrate flexibility and professionalism, with a high standard of personal conduct and integrity. This position requires the ability to work independently.
About Mount Saint Mary College
Mount Saint Mary College is an independent, co-educational, comprehensive liberal arts institution of Catholic Dominican heritage overlooking the Hudson River, about 60 miles north of New York City. The college enrolls a diverse population of 2,600 full- and part-time undergraduate and graduate students and enjoys an excellent reputation for the quality of its education, nursing, science, and business programs.