Marietta College seeks a volleyball assistant coach and instructor. The position is designed to provide future head coaches with a rich blend of coaching and administrative experience at a competitive NCAA, Division III private college. This 10-month, administrative, full-time position includes a competitive salary and college fringe benefits.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES are as follows:
1. Teach proper volleyball techniques in position groups assigned by the head coach and assess skill development. 2. Instruct concepts of overall physical health, individual and team safety. 3. Educate students on Marietta College Athletics Department Learning Outcomes and NCAA Division III rules. 4. Recruit future student athletes who understand and are prepared for the demands presented by small-college, non-scholarship athletic programs 5. Monitor team members' academic progress 6. Other duties as assigned for administration of the athletic department may include, but not be limited to:
a. life skills PE course instructor b. game day administrator c. facility supervisor d. intramural planner/supervisor e. sports information assistant (statistical programs, digital message centers, etc) f. or other duties as assigned by on candidate's demonstrated compentancies
* Bachelor's degree, master's preferred and collegiate playing experience
* Ability to successfully impart knowledge and instigate learning in student athletes
* Willingness to be team player in the athletic department and positive role model for athletes
* Current valid driver's license and successful completion of a background check.
About Marietta College
Industry leaders, educated citizens, difference makers - Pioneers.
For nearly two centuries, Marietta College has stood as the beacon on the hill for young adults seeking to better their lives and to turn their life's passions into actionable good in the world. One of the finest liberal arts colleges in the nation, Marietta offers nearly 50 undergraduate programs, including the best liberal arts-based Petroleum Engineering curriculum in the nation and an Education program that boasts a 100 percent job placement for its graduates. The College also offers graduate programs in Physician Assistant Studies, Psychology and Athletic Training.
At Marietta, students learn from talented faculty members who are respected in their fields and wholly dedicated to teaching the next generation of leaders. These professors share their knowledge with students and challenge them to develop their skillsets through serious research, experiential opportunities and internships. Every student completes Marietta's rigorous General Education Curriculum, which builds strong communication skills and exposes students to new ideas and interests.
Our varsity athletic teams compete in NCAA Division III a...nd against some of the best in the nation as a member of the Ohio Athletic Conference. Marietta has won six national championships and 61 conference titles, including an OAC-record four consecutive men's basketball titles (2014-18).
More than 25,000 living members of The Long Blue Line proudly support their alma mater and help current students gain internships and connections into their chosen industries. This support, in addition to the vibrant growth on campus, is one of the reasons why The Chronicle of Higher Education named Marietta College one of the Great Colleges to Work For.
Marietta's timeless education began in 1797, when descendants of pioneers of the Northwest Territory established the Muskingum Academy. The institution was chartered in 1835 by the state of Ohio, making Marietta College one of 37 Revolutionary Colleges and home to the 16th oldest chapter of the most prestigious academic honorary, Phi Beta Kappa. From its earliest moments until well into the future, Marietta College cherishes its role in educating individuals and inspiring them to Bring Forth a Pioneer!