Operations, Operations - Academic Support, Operations - Administrative Support
1.Develop, direct and implement a media relations plan for 15-sport program.
2. Develop, supervise and maintain athletics department web site and social media activity. Oversees the staff on making sure the site is updating on a daily basis.
3. Develop, direct and implement a production schedule for all athletic department publications. Coordinate all photography needs for department. Member of Winona State Athletics Hall of Fame Committee.
4. Supervise, schedule and evaluate all sports information staff.
5. Function as representative for athletic teams at home and away events.
6. Provide media relations advice and training for athletes, coaches and athletic staff. Work closely with athletics and university administration in crisis situations.
7. Develop and maintain sports information budget.
8. Attend weekly and monthly meetings of athletic department staff.
1. Bachelor’s Degree journalism, mass communications, communication studies or related degree
2. Experience in in athletic media relations or sports information office with working knowledge of Stat-Crew
1. Master's Degree 2. Knowledge of NCAA and Northern Sun Conference rules and policies. 3. Budget preparation and maintenance. 4. Supervisory skills. 5. Intricate knowledge of statistics software for all sports. 6. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills and a high degree of creativity and initiative. 7. Strong editing and design skills and excellent PC based computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and desktop publishing, knowledge of applicable HTML (website technology), and Outlook 8. Extensive knowledge of NCAA and conference statistical software. 9. Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage staff. 10. Media relations/sports information experience.
Internal Number: 2019/2020-3`
About Winona State University
The mission of Winona State University is to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve. We offer undergraduate programs based on the traditions and values of the arts and sciences and an array of graduate and professional programs that are especially responsive to the needs of the Upper Midwest. We prepare our graduates to serve generously, lead responsibly and respond imaginatively and creatively to the challenges of their work, their lives and their communities. A community of learners improving our world!