As an Athletic Academic Advisor, you will provide academic advising and counsel to undergraduate student-athletes in educational planning, course choice, selection of major, and career goals. You will interpret report determining the student’s progress in university and major academic requirements. In addition, you will:
• Analyze and monitors academic progress of student athletes in relationship to University and NCAA requirements.
• Provides up to date and accurate academic advisement to assigned team members regarding development of academic program, course choice, application to major, and progress toward degree.
• Take responsibility for assessing every team student-athlete’s semester grade report and its impact on progress toward graduation and NCAA eligibility.
• Maintain knowledge of all NCAA and University rules concerning academic standing and eligibility requirements.
• Report academic performance results of assigned students and teams to the Athlete Academic Services staff and coaches upon completion of each semester.
• Assist with new student-athlete orientation, athlete learning center, and coordinates scheduling of academic enrichment programs and information sessions for student-athletes.
• Develop and implement individualized academic support plans identified students.
• Design and implement academic strategies to teach study and learning skills, time management and organization skills, and goal setting.
• Monitor academic performance of assigned teams and communicate regularly with coaches and staff.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Experience in an advising or counseling position in higher education or athletics department.
• Experience in working with undergraduates and intercollegiate student athletes and some knowledge of NCAA regulations required.
• Database and word processing skills, strong communication and organizational skills mandatory.
• Experience with a degree audit reporting system; including degree encoding, program development and operations helpful.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: P1900240
About University at Buffalo, Athletics
The University at Buffalo is the largest university in the state system of New York. This flagship institution has more than 230,000 alumni world-wide and is an AAU member. Ranked 51st among all public universities in the United States, UB professional schools such as Law, Medicine, Dentistry, Business, Pharmacy and Engineering are ranked in the top 100. With an aggressive plan in UB 2020, the entire university, including the Department of Athletics has immeasurable potential. The State University of New York at Buffalo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.