Muhlenberg College, a Division III institution and a member of the Centennial Conference is seeking applications for an Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach opening. Coaching or collegiate playing experience and a four year college degree are preferred. Responsibilities include assisting head coach in all phases of the women’s basketball program within college, conference and NCAA rules and regulations; includes evaluating, identifying, and recruiting prospective student-athletes; and planning and implementing strategies into daily practices.
Part time coaching compensation is modest but could include opportunities for additional income in one or more of the following areas; game management, strength and conditioning, building operations or equipment room operations. Compensation package could include housing, a meal plan and total wages ranging from $10,000 to $12,000 annually depending on additional duties. Benefits not included.
Muhlenberg College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees are expected to support Muhlenberg's commitment to function as a diverse, caring, inclusive community.
· Bachelor’s degree and related professional experience, or a combination of experiences leading to similar qualification, required.
· Strong communication skills.
· Ability to work with a variety of people.
· Flexibility of time necessary to make commitment to varying time needs of the position.
· Satisfactory background check, to include criminal background and driving record check.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the coach in administering a competitive NCAA Division III women’s basketball program in accordance with college, NCAA and Centennial Conference policies.
· Provide coaching in support of the head coach’s plan to assist all athletes in realizing their potential as athletes, students and members of the general college community.
· Attend practices, training sessions, team meetings and basketball games (home and away) in support of the Head Coach. (Specific time commitment required will be delineated by the Head Coach)
· Part-time assistants will be expected to make themselves available when necessary for training in rules compliance.
· Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, said duties to be described specifically along with estimated hours required for the task.
Additional Salary Information: possible housing and meal stipend
About Muhlenberg College
Muhlenberg College is an independent, undergraduate, coeducational institution related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Founded in 1848 to provide a liberal arts education, Muhlenberg is committed to the highest standards of academic integrity and excellence.
The College is located in Allentown, Pennsylvania, approximately 55 miles north of Philadelphia and 90 miles west of New York City.
As a liberal arts college, Muhlenberg offers programs in the humanities, the natural and social sciences, and in professional areas such as business, education, pre-medical, pre-theological, and pre-law studies.