Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine - Athletic Training
The University of Wyoming, a Division I member of the NCAA and a member of the Mountain West Conference (MWC), has an immediate full-time opening for an Assistant Athletic Trainer. Primary sports coverage will be for the Cowgirl Soccer and Cowboy and Cowgirl Diving programs and may include coverage of other sports as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, MWC, University and departmental rules regulations. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for athletic education/instruction, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of student-athletes for assigned programs.
2. Supervises, teaches and advises athletic training students and interns assigned to his/her sport with the guidance of supervisor
3. Maintains and organizes the Athletic Training Rooms and participates in the planning and development.
4. Follows the policies and procedures for the athletic training staff and facilities as established by the Director of Sports Medicine and appropriate team physicians.
5. Maintains CPR/AED/First Aid certifications and participates in continuing education programs as required to maintain certification through NATA.
6. Provides the Head Coach of assigned team sports with injury reports regarding the status of injured student-athletes. This report shall be submitted to the Head Coach via an established schedule (e.g., daily, weekly, etc.).
7. Assists the Director of Sports Medicine, as directed, with the Substance Abuse Program.
8. Maintains a thorough knowledge of and adheres to all applicable University, conference and
NCAA rules and regulations.
9. Assists with other duties/projects as assigned/directed.
Education: A Master’s degree in athletic training, health science, or related field required. Must be completed or anticipated prior to start date
Required education, licensure, certification, registration or other requirements: BOC Certified Athletic Trainer in good standing, Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC) Certified, and eligibility for Wyoming state licensure required.
Valid Driver's License with a motor vehicle record that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy Found at: http://www.uwyo.edu/auxserv/fleet/Official-Vehicle-Policy/OVP.pdf required.
• 2+ years post-graduate professional experience. • Experience with collegiate soccer (Division I women’s soccer preferred). • Experience with collegiate diving, tumbling, or acrobatics. • Experience working with male and female coaches and student-athletes. • Experience with post-surgical rehabilitation. • Experience with instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization (i.e. Graston, HawkGrips, etc.). • Experience with EMR and injury tracking software (HealtheAthlete preferred). • Experience with electronic neurocognitive concussion testing (i.e. C3 Logix (preferred), ImPACT, ect.) • Strong analytical, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume and contact information for four work-related references.
Internal Number: 19003261
About University of Wyoming
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/The University of Wyoming located in Laramie and nestled on Wyoming's high plains between the Laramie and Snowy Mountain ranges is one of the most unique institutions of higher education in America.