Responsible for all activities, operations and policies of the Montagne Center, including budget and personnel activities. Also, responsible with selected operations at all other athletics venues. Works with the Lamar University administration, staff, students and community to enhance the idealization of the facility.
Essential Job Functions 1. Responsible for budget administration, day to day operations, guidelines and policies governing the Montagne Center.
2. Schedules and maintains the master calendar for all activities, events, games and programs in the Montagne Center.
3. Responsible for the management of all aspects of activities, events, games, and programs
4. Responsible for the management of all aspects of special events, including contract, administration, set-up and tear down, ticket takers, ushers, security, police, parking, cleanup and etc.
5. Supervises, evaluates, and schedules all full time, contract and student employees.
6. Directs and supervises the maintenance of all equipment in Montagne Center.
7. Develops, initiates and directs preventative maintenance for the facility.
8. Seeks bids and negotiates contracts for cleanup, parking, security and trash dumpsters.
9. Maintains current university equipment inventory of center.
10. Maintains relative information on other similar facilities through periodicals, national and local organizations and surveys.
11. Assists with other university home athletics events
12. Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be required.
Reports Directly to the: Assistant Athletics Director for Operations
Bachelors degree required
Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University rules and regulations required.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
Masters degree preferred
Facility management experience preferred
Facility upkeep, personnel management preferred
Internal Number: 20111607
About Lamar University Athletics
Located in Beaumont, Texas, Lamar University is 80 miles from Houston, 40 miles from the Gulf Coast beaches, 30 miles from Louisiana, and 70 miles from the Texas lakes region. The area's subtropical climate produces mild winters that allow for year-round outdoor activity. Lamar University is unique in that it enjoys close ties with the greater community. Students experience direct involvement in the city's civic, business and cultural opportunities.