Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach - Athletics
July 3, 2018
Full-time - Experienced
Coaching, Coaching - Strength & Conditioning
Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 23-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.
Position Summary: The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will work with the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach to develop training plans for Ashland University's varsity athletic programs. The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will be assigned to numerous teams and will direct and oversee their strength and conditioning programs. This position reports to the Director of Athletics and the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities: • Helps evaluate student-athletes and teams in all areas of strength and conditioning.
• Working in concert with the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and the athletic training staff, this position works to educate student-athletes in areas such as nutrition, injury prevention, injury rehabilitation, mental health and overall well-being.
• Under the direction of the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, this position helps supervise weight room facilities in AU's Kates Gymnasium and the Troop Center. This position will make regular checks of the facilities and be involved m ordering equipment and in the upkeep and evaluation of current equipment.
• Requires being current with trends and general practices in strength and conditioning. The position attends workshops, clinics and forums in an effort to stay current in the field.
• Directs the strength and conditioning office when the head coach is off campus.
To apply online, go to -- https://www.ashland.edu/administration/content/assistant-strength-and-conditioning-coach-athletics
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.
• Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree preferred.
• Must have CSCS certification and CPR/AED certification.
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work with student-athletes and coaches in a one-on-one setting and be comfortable speaking to groups of various sizes.
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations along with GLIAC rules and regulations is required.
• Ability to work weekends and evenings is required. This position requires some travel and non-traditional hours.
About Ashland University
Ashland University is a NCAA Division II institution of more than 2,000 undergraduate students in Ashland, Ohio, a community of 22,000. The Athletic Department presently sponsors a broad-based 23 sports program and successfully competes as an NCAA Division II member in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.