The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking well-qualified individuals for its Assistant Equipment Manager.
Function: To assist in the overall management, oversight, and supervision of the daily operations related to equipment associated with the UTSA Athletic program.
Scope: Responsible for assisting in the storing, issuing and maintaining of equipment, supplies, and clothing associated with the athletic program.
1. Assist in the process to develop, maintain and enforce the procedures pertaining to the overall operation and safeguarding of assets of the equipment room(s) with the athletic departments.
2. Daily laundry needs for student athletes and coaches.
3. Quality control of day to day student manager responsibilities: including keeping up with class schedules, coordinating practice and game assignments.
4. Work directly with the Head of Athletics Equipment Operations in coordinating team equipment requests to ensure proper sizing and fitting of the athletes.
5. Responsible for assisting in the oversight of the storage, perseveration, shipping and reconditioning of all equipment.
6. Provide constant communication with coaching staff to assure needs and assignments for practice are met.
1. Assist in the coordination of the transportation and packing of equipment, uniforms and supplies to both home and away from home competitions and practices.
2. Assist in annual apparel and footwear purchase order by proving insight and inventory needs for the upcoming year.
One year experience managing equipment in college or professional sports.
- Must adhere to all federal and state laws and university policies and procedures. - Must adhere to all NCAA and Conference USA rules and report any known Compliance violations. - Knowledge of NCAA regulations as it pertains to this position. - Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply University policies, procedures, principles and practices.
UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Internal Number: BES20180311P
About The University of Texas at San Antonio
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: 1604 Campus, Downtown Campus and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.With 28,688 students enrolled in 126 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas System and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.UTSA offers 63 bachelor's, 43 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution. The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.