This is a full-time, 10 month, non-exempt staff position within the Department of Athletics. The anticipated start date for this position is August 1, 2018.
Serve as a secondary media and publications contact for the Athletics Department. Assist with all marketing and promotions activities for GSW Athletics. Assist in providing game day coverage for all home athletic contests.
Assistant AD – Sports Information & Marketing
Director of Athletics
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the director with the exchange of all sports-related information with other institutions, the Peach Belt Conference and the NCAA.
- Serve as a liaison to all media outlets for information regarding GSW Athletics. Write stories and take photographs for releases in necessary.
- Record statistics during each home event for all GSW sports teams and away events as required.
- Report statistics to the NCAA, Peach Belt Conference, visiting institutions and other applicable organizations.
- Accumulate, organize and maintain archive statistics for assigned GSW sports teams.
- Provide assistance in the training, guidance, supervision and evaluation to video production staff with the use of equipment and software programs, production and filming strategies and editing.
- Provide assistance in the training, guidance, supervision and evaluation to assigned gameday staff in the areas of in-game social media use, official scoring and graphic design for the purpose of department marketing.
- Develop, produce, film and edit videos for use by the department to promote sports and/or student-athletes .
- Maintain and routinely update all information contained on the GSW Athletics Department website.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of schedules, media guides and other publications containing information on the athletic programs.
- Assist with gameday operations (including pregame press box setup and postgame teardown) as assigned by the director.
- Assist with gameday activities which may include: interview table/autograph table assembly, contestant coordination and serving as promotions coordinator.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of promotional/marketing literature.
- Assist with the development and execution of promotional/marketing initiatives.
- Assist with the kid’s club, student fan club, youth team of the night and mascot programs as assigned.
- Serve as a liaison with corporate sponsors.
- Assist with the solicitation of corporate partners and group night endeavors.
- Follow all safety and risk management policies of the institution in performance at work.
- Comply with all rules, regulations, guidelines and bylaws of institution, Peach Belt Conference and NCAA.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A bachelor's degree form an accredited institution is required.
- Valid driver's license is required.
About Georgia Southwestern State University
Georgia Southwestern State University, the institution that cares. Located in beautiful Americus, Georgia, a vibrant college town, GSW is the type of university that provides an outstanding education in a warm, family like environment. Georgia Southwestern is small enough to ensure that every student counts, but large enough to offer the diversity and depth of programs necessary to prepare graduates for success in the world of the 21st century. A university rich in tradition, rife with energy, and ripe with opportunity, GSW is a great place to go to school. I encourage you to visit us. I am confident that if you see the campus, meet our faculty and staff, and discover all we have to offer, you will want to make Georgia Southwestern your university.