The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking well-qualified individuals for, Head Women’s Soccer Coach.
Job duties include:
1. Ensure knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and conference rules.
2. Monitor the compliance to NCAA and conference rules and policies by assistant coaches.
3. Recruit academically fit and athletically qualified students to meet UTSA admissions.
4. Monitor satisfactory academic progress of student athletes and arrange for necessary academic counseling through Athletics Academic Counselor.
5. Conduct all practice sessions.
6. Recommend grants of financial aid with the approval of the Athletics Director and the University Scholarships, Loans, Awards Committee, and Director of Financial Aid.
7. Endorse high ethical standards for self, staff and student-athletes.
8. Responsible to manage, develop and supervise staff, including assistant coaches while upholding Conference and NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
9. Responsible for budget preparation and management for all team travel, on- and off-campus recruiting, equipment and apparel purchasing, facility rental and necessary supplies for program success.
10. Recommend letter awards to the Athletics Director in accordance with approved lettering standards.
11. Work with Athletics Communications to develop and maintain a communications program with the surrounding communities, businesses, and supporters.
12. Responsible for collaboration and strategic planning with Athletics Development staff to assist with program fundraising.
13. Completion and timely submission of NCAA Squad List, Conference Eligibility List and Conference Participation List.
14. Has the responsibility for execution of an effective system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures are followed.
15. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Experience and Other Skills Required
- Three years of experience as a soccer coach. - Specific knowledge in the sport of Women’s Soccer and knowledge and compliance with all NCAA, rules and regulations. - Demonstrated excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills. - Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and flexibility.
- Five years of experience as a soccer coach in a university setting. - Previous NCAA Division I soccer coaching experience. - Experience with APR, academic success and student-athletes retention.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
Internal Number: 10431
About The University of Texas at San Antonio
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: 1604 Campus, Downtown Campus and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.With 28,688 students enrolled in 126 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas System and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.UTSA offers 63 bachelor's, 43 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution. The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.