Graduate Assistant Coach: Men's and Women's Cross Country
March 7, 2018
Part-time - Graduate Assistant
Coaching, Coaching - Cross Country
4 Year Degree
Under the general direction of the head coach, this individual assists with the management of our men's and women's cross country programs; assists with conditioning, practices, scheduling, recruiting, travel arrangements, and student managers.
Interested candidates should submit and cover letter, resume, coaching philosophy and training concepts to Chris Gannon, Head Cross Country Coach at Creighton University: email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
· Bachelors' Degree in related area. Successful candidate will need to be accepted into one of Creighton University’s graduate-level programs (typically two-year programs).
· Basic knowledge of a cross country concepts/strategies and NCAA rules and regulations.
· Basic knowledge of physical conditioning techniques and weight training.
· Knowledge of basic statistics.
· Recruiting skills.
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Interpersonal/human relations skills.
· Organizational/planning skills.
· Leadership and motivational skills.
· Ability to assess athletic talent.
· Ability to serve as a positive role model.
About Creighton University
Creighton University, located in Omaha, Neb., offers a top-ranked education in the Jesuit tradition for people who want to contribute something meaningful to the world. At Creighton, you are part of something big. Your skills and passions unite with thousands of faculty, staff and students inspired to change the world. Here, we offer meaningful work driven by a 475-year-old Jesuit tradition committed to social justice and serving others. Through this tradition, we push the boundaries on innovation. We pursue new knowledge for the betterment of society. We seek to improve our world through Catholic and Jesuit values. And it all starts with you.
Creighton University is an equal opportunity employer.